In Chicago it is illegal to turn right in front of a bicyclist: 9-16-020 (f) Turning right in front of a bicycle - When a motor vehicle and a bicycle are traveling in the same direction on any highway, street, or road, the operator of the motor vehicle overtaking such bicycle traveling on the right side of the roadway shall not turn to the right in front of the bicycle at that intersection or at any alley or driveway until such vehicle has overtaken and is safely clear of the
Here in Wisconsin Peter Flucke of WeBike teaches a law enforcement training course to police officers.
In Wisconsin, before turning right, a driver must:
2. Look right for bicyclists
3. Look behind/in the mirrors for bicyclists
4. Move into the right/curb lane 1/2 block before the intersection
5. Make the approach as closely as practicable to the right hand edge or curb of the roadway
6. Make the turn as closely as practicable to the right hand edge or curb of the roadway.
See Wis. Stat. 346.31
According to the Wisconsin DOT Driver Education Handbook: