- Call a bicycle injury attorney immediately-delays in hiring an attorney can cause significant problems to your case
- Seek immediate medical attention and be honest with your doctors because your medical records will likely be used in any litigation
- Get contact information from everyone at the scene including those who arrived after your injury-be sure to include the entire area and look for surveillance cameras or anyone who may have seen anything, use your cell phone camera to take pictures of the entire surrounding area, accident scene, and yourself
- Do not discard or repair anything related to your bicycle accident
- Keep track of the various ways your life has been negatively affected by the bicycle accident including things such as insomnia, loss of fitness, family problems, anger, fear, odd behaviors such as putting the cereal into the freezer instead of the cabinet....
***Read my article on this blog "Important Lessons for Bicyclists" about getting contact information from drivers so that you do not have problems with insurance later on.***